Riga Express is a container block train from Riga to Moscow and main destinations in Russia.
Regularity: twice a week.
We offer a full package of services such as rail transportation, customs clearance, door to door deliveries, FCL, LCL and project cargo transportation. Riga Express train is a joint service of FLC and Logistic Operator. We use our know-how, experience and creative force of our specialists. FLC is one of the biggest Latvian railway forwarders offering railway, customs and stevedoring services in Riga port. And Logistic Operator is a Russian 3PL-provider, official partner of Russian Railways, part of the company's holding is a customs broker and the certification firm.
Our customers get the following advantages:
- Crossing borders with no queues;
- Customs clearance of the whole rain directly on the railway station takes 24 - 36 hours with no need for warehouse;
- Immediate unloading on arrival;
- No weight limits;
- No truck demurrage;
- Door-to-door deliveries.
- Flexible local delivery to the client's warehouse. The consignee can plan how many containers he/she would like to receive per day - 1 or 100.That will avoid the truck detention, while waiting the discharging;
- Advantageous cargo storage directly at the railway station;
- Tax reimbursement on difference between the invoice and customs value;
- No container weight restrictions (the volume of a container train is 80 - 100 units 20' containers or 40 - 50 units 40' containers);
- Application of preliminary electronic declaration system (ED-1, ED-2).
The procedure is the following:
- One week before the feeder arrival we are checking the arrival list of containers and releases so we can plan which containers are going on our block train to Moscow;
For example (schedule might differ):
- On Monday we have all containers discharged from feeder vessel;
- On Tuesday we are loading the train and organize the paperwork;
- On Wednesday the train departs;
- Arrival is on Saturday-Sunday;
- On Monday we make a customs clearance and the final truck delivery to the clients warehouse.